WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW?
5. The Slumber Loft collects personal information in several ways when you place an order, take part in competitions, promotions and/or other activities in which you are requested to provide this information.
6. When an order is placed with The Slumber Loft, we need to hold personal information including your name, address email address, phone numbers, shipping and credit card billing address(es) so that we can process and fulfill your order.
7. Additionally, we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. If you wish to be included on our mailing list, we will ask you to give us your prior authorization. Similarly, when you visit our website, we will collect the data known as “clickstreams”(server address, domain name, etc). This information, combined with details you have provided us with enables us to customize your next visits better. Your personal information is only retained for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it is collected.
HOW THIS INFORMATION MAY BE USED?
8. The Slumber Loft may use your personal information for the processing of orders and payment. We will also use your details to fulfill and deliver your orders and manage your account.
9. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
10. Your personal information provided for the purposes of processing and delivery of your order will be used according to the provisions of the Terms & Conditions.
11. We may use your information for organizing events, drawing up statistics or other website functions as well as for providing you with the services available on the website.
12. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body. We may also disclose your information in response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority or in response to a court order or otherwise in compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request or other statutory requirement; to enforce the Terms & Conditions including the investigation of potential violations thereof; to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights and property of The Slumber Loft.
13. We may also use your personal information to send you information and materials by e-mail and/or SMS, including product details and special offers and newsletters that we consider may be of interest to you. These may either be related to our products or those of our trading partners and/or Licensees. This information will only be sent to you if you have given us your specific prior authorization.
14. In addition we may use your personal information for analyzing the visits to the website and determining the individual and overall interests of visitors to the website. This provides us with information that enables us to improve the products, services, functions, promotions that may be of most interest to you and the design of the website to better meet our visitors’ needs.
15. Furthermore, we also collect your personal details through the different forms contained on the website, so that you can process cancellations, returns and/or exchanges in relation to products purchased from The Slumber Loft, and in order for us to be able to reply to your queries, to send you our newsletter, to deal with your claims and if requested and authorized by you, to include you in the recruitment processes organized by Peter Sheppard Footwear to work in its offices or stores.
16. Finally, you are hereby informed that if you fill in the form to join the The Slumber Loft VIP Newsletter, your personal details will be used to send you details of our products and any other matters of interest related to The Slumber Loft. You are also informed that we may send you surveys for the purpose of improving our services.
18. At all times, you can unsubscribe out of any service or update to which you have subscribed. Any e-mail or newsletter, which we send will contain an easy automatic, unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
19. We use our best endeavors to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with.
20. To guarantee the security of your details we have set in place a series of security measures and safeguards. Your personal details are stored on secure networks that may only be accessed by a limited number of persons holding special access rights and who undertake to respect and maintain the confidential nature of this information.
21. In addition we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners’ to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
22. Despite these measures, whenever you provide your personal details on the Internet, there is a risk that this information may be intercepted and used by third persons whom we are unable to control. Although The Slumber Loft makes every effort to protect your personal details and privacy, we are unable to guarantee the security of this information which you make available over the Internet at your own risk.
23. Your details may be transferred to partners that host our websites and third parties who assist us in the design and use of the website, or provide us with services or analyze data collected. These third parties will use the data for the purposes of carrying out the tasks described above, and undertake to respect and maintain the personal details when required to do so by law.
25. Other than in these cases, we do not sell, trade or transfer your personal details in any form to third parties without first obtaining your consent in writing in a hard copy or electronically and in accordance with the data protection legislation currently in effect.
26. We may include hyperlinks on this website to other websites or resources operated by third parties other than The Slumber Loft, including advertisers.
27. The Slumber Loft has not reviewed all of these websites linked to this website and is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages nor are we responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external websites or resources.
REVIEWING, EDITING AND DELETING YOUR DATA [OPT-OUT PROVISION]
28. Under the terms of the applicable data protection rules and legislation you are entitled to inspect, correct and/or delete any personal data concerning you, as well as to revoke your consent to receive information about promotions and other matters of interest related to The Slumber Loft, at any time.
29. To this end you may address a request for such inspection, correction, deletion and/or objection to The Slumber Loft Att.: Online Store, Level 2, 267 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com
by clicking any function which may appear on the webpage to this effect.
30. To allow, know, block or delete the installed cookies on your computer, you can do it by changing your setting options on your computer’s browser. For example, you can find the information on how to do it with each browser by clicking on the following links:
Firefox here: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
Chrome here: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
Explorer here: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
Safari here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
Opera here: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
32. In case The Slumber Loft does not enforce any of the provisions set forth above, this will not be understood in any manner as a waiver to such provisions.
The Slumber Loft, August 2017